Do you like comics? Do you like sketches by wonderful artists? Do you like getting both of those for free? If you answered yes, then you should check out your Local Comics Stores on May 7.
There is a possibility that more artists will be appearing for your sketching pleasure. We will update as more artists are confirmed.
The titles for FCBD have been announced and there's a lot of great material to choose from this year. Here are a few of the titles I'm looking forward to:
- Loose Ends from 12 Gauge: Sharing a book with another 12 Gauge title, ICE, Loose Ends is a Southern crime story from three great guys currently residing in Charlotte, North Carolina: Jason Latour, Chris Brunner, and Rico Renzi.
- Captain America & Thor from Marvel: It's no secret that I loved the team of Roger Langridge and Chris Samnee on Thor the Mighty Avenger and I can't wait to see their latest effort. Loki has traveled to King Arthur's to cause problems for Merlin by stealing his magic. Merlin is able to trick Loki into giving some back and summons Captain America and Thor to help out.
- Top Shelf's Kids Club 2011: Top Shelf teams up a number of artists, including Owly's Andy Runton, to give us six all ages stories in one adorable book. The cover alone is bursting with cuteness!
- Darkwing Duck/Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers from Boom! Studios: Missed either of these awesome books the first time around, no worries! Boom! is republishing the first issues of both series in one great free book.
- Kung Fu Panda & Richie Rich from Ape Entertainment: A new animated favorite of mine combined with a childhood animated favorite plus a preview of an upcoming Strawberry Shortcake series! How do they fit some much greatness into one little book.
- Heroes Bonus Pick: Sketch Charlotte's FCBD Anthology: This anthology features contributions of original stories from a wide selection of Sketch Charlotte members including Eraklis Petmezas, Bridgit Scheide, Henry Eudy, Brandon Padgett, Chrissie Zullo, Jonathan Rosenbaum, Rich Barrett, Tom Davidson, John DaCosta, Jerry Stanford, and Julian Blake. Chrissie Zullo is pulling double duty with an original story and the cover! Sketch members Eraklis Petmezas and Bridgit Scheide will also be on hand for signings and sketches! And as proud members of Sketch Charlotte ourselves, Seth and I were happy to co-write the anthology's introduction.
Heroes Aren't Hard to Find is located at 1957 E. 7th Street in Charlotte, North Carolina. The doors open at 10:00 am and free comics are available on a first come, first serve basis.